Traditionally the preparation of a new driver has centered around academics in the classroom and some practice on the street. For some reason, the state required minimum training has become the norm in training students. Very few companies offer anything over and above the minimums. This style of training is simply insufficient to prepare a new driver.
MasterDrive has trained over 100,000 students in our programs and we have identified the essential training elements a new driver must learn. We believe that every new driver should participate in training that contains these essential elements. The new driver must learn to operate and control their vehicle. Learning to control the vehicle will require development of new skills, just like learning a new sport. And, developing new skills requires repetition. Just like any other new skill, we are not proficient in the beginning, but with repetition and coaching the skills can be learned quickly.
We also know that the new driver must also learn the ‘Rules of the Road’. Understanding the practical application of the ‘Rules of the Road’ is dependent on relating this education to real life experience. And finally the new driver needs to put it all into practice and gain experience in the real world, out on the streets. Our comprehensive Driver Education Programs address each of these areas.
If you are interested in a specific area of training, you can choose from different elements through our a la carte programs:
- There are skills that can only be learned by doing them. Skills like crisis braking, crash avoidance, and visual processing. Colorado students also participate in skid correction exercises during Driving Camp. Driving Camp is the best way to give a new driver the tools they’ll need to help them be a safer and more prepared driver.
- The training is held at one of our driving ranges in your own vehicle.
- Driving Camp can be purchased separately or added to our Driver Education program.
- Colorado: $425 – ala carte price. Driver Education students can upgrade to a Driving Camp for just $375
- California: $450 – ala carte price. Driver Education students can upgrade to a Driving Camp for just $395
- MasterDrive’s Advanced Driving Skills Camp is a great opportunity to get your son or daughter more time on the closed course. Just like in a sport, the more an athlete practices, the better they will perform at game time. This additional Advanced Driving Camp will allow more repetitions through each exercise, including skid control and correction training, increasing a student’s success rate of getting these skills to the subconscious level.
- The training is held at one of our driving ranges in your own vehicle
- Students must first attend Driving Camp to be eligible to participate in Advanced Driving Camp.
- Colorado: $425 – ala carte price. Driver Education students who have not yet completed Driving Camp can add Advanced Driving Camp for just $300. If Driving Camp has already occurred, ala carte price applies.
- California: $450 – ala carte price. Driver Education students who have not yet completed Driving Camp can add Advanced Driving Camp for just $300. If Driving Camp has already occurred, ala carte price applies.
- This two hour training will prepare any driver for the perils of driving in slick road conditions. It’s not just watching a video or listening to a lecture – you’ll be on the skid pad practicing skid recoveries, braking techniques, and spin control.
- Eligible participants must either hold a driver’s license or be a MasterDrive graduate.
- Pricing: $120.00 at all Colorado locations