Why Are Car Signals Important?
Cars are equipped with several signalling systems, visual signalling devices as well as auditive ones, each of them being very important tools of communication in traffic and often life savers in dangerous road situations, and the Denver driving schools teach their students the importance of using them. Here are a few arguments about why they are so important:
- Indicator lights – these amber lights are located in the front and in the back of the car (some modern cars have them on the sides as well) and they are essential for informing the other participants in traffic about the driver’s intention to change lanes or direction;
- Brake lights – the two lights on the rear of the car come up when the driver presses the brake pedal. It is essential in traffic because it is the means that tells the other drivers behind your car that they should slow down or stop behind you;
- Hazard warning lights – when this system is activated, all the visual signals on the car start flashing to inform the other drivers in traffic that you are in some sort of trouble;
- The horn – though using the horn is forbidden in certain inhabited areas and its usage should be limited in all areas, it is an important tool that warns other, inattentive drivers of your presence;
- The reverse light – it tells the other drivers that you are moving backwards.